Tuesday, March 2, 2010

a big, beautiful {surprise}


We threw my mom an amazing surprise 60th birthday party last weekend at her favorite restaurant in town. The surprise went off without a hitch, even flying in her brother & mom from the east coast without her finding out. So sneaky! Using her favorite colors orange & turquoise, I made accordion photo booklets which were at each place setting, and cello bags of orange-essence cookies for the favors. We made floral centerpieces using huge bundles of flowering branches in tall glass cylinders and 100 white votives scattered on the tables. Definitely a night to remember!

5 comments:

L @ Salt and Sentiment said...

I love the favor tags! I used an old photo of my dad for the invites and favors at my Dad's 70th birthday this past summer. I think people got a big kick out of it and he did too! Sounds like a great party. Your mom must have been so happy!

Jennifer said...

Very very cute! Great job!

Destination Inspiration said...

Amber you're so clever, these are fantastic. Aqua and Orange are my favourite colour combinations at the moment too...I just adore this. Congrats on it staying a suprise until the party too!

Amy M. said...

So wonderful!!! I have never been to El Dorado Kitchen. We'll have to trot over to Sonoma and go!!!

-Amy
Crafting by Candlelight

Unknown said...

OMG It was such an honor and surprise to be given this fabulous party... I'm still in awe how you were able to do it ALL. It was a beautiful venue, made even more special with your talent, and filled with love from friends and family...truly a most precious gift and you are my greatest blessing. I love you, Mom