Wednesday, December 12, 2007

a dreamy shopping experience



The last time I visited family in New York, I made the trip to ABC Carpet & Home, a six-floor warehouse style store filled to the brim with luxury goods. Mind you, this was pre-Anthropologie, so ABC seemed to have created a niche like no other. Worn hardwood floors creaking under your feet, glittering chandeliers and gigantic antique carpets adorn the high ceilings, European and Modern Vintage miscellany, and holiday vignettes everywhere. Oh how I'd love to do some holiday shopping there this season, or at least wander and get lost in there, I'm creating a wishlist in my mind...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no, you did not just try to compare ABC Carpet with Anthropologie, did you?! Sorry, but ABC wipes the floor with Anthro (I KNOW you love Anthro, but come on...!). Next year, shopping in NYC before the holidays - sounds like a fun girls' weekeend to me!

amber {daisy chain} said...

lyla - I'm talking about the whole vintage-inspired feel, the amazing displays, etc...ABC is a world of it's own, but I love 'em both. Girls trip next year? Umm....YES.

Anonymous said...

Ah ABC.., why oh why don't they open more stores? Like say, one in San Francisco??? My sprees alone would make it worth their while.

/// said...

OMG I loooooooove that top image! :)

Unknown said...

maybe i've become jaded but, on our ny trip in oct we visited the great ABC and i was slightly disappointed. nothing beats that time we went. i carried that cherry platter all over ny. super expensive and less unique and my favorite kitchen section was gone.