Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tartine {pastry heaven}

Yesterday I met up with some friends in the city (SF, that is) for lunch and then deserts and coffee at Tartine. What a complete treat - I have never seen or tasted such exquisite pastries in all my life. 


MrsEm said... that the banana creme pie? Tartine is awesome.

Emily said...

my mom is so obsessed with this place, and i have yet to try it. i'm making it a point when i'm up north next!

Sarah said...

I tagged you!!!! : )

Megan said...

YUM! I almost DIED last night when I found out that Trader Joe's has cannele/canele (I don't know how to do the accent, pardon) in their frozen food aisle. THEY ARE HEAVEN! I first tried these unbelievable treats at La Boulange de Polk, part of the Bay Bread Group, where you can get great French bakery items and a top notch croque monsieur as well.

Now, the TJ's version will just suffice if you need to get your fix, and I was happy to eat them last night (but not to have to share with my husband), but I definitely suggest that if you can get to a Bay Bread bakery (yay, they opened in Mill Valley!) and pick up a bunch, as well as some macarons, that you do so, asap!