Tuesday, July 7, 2009

so. not. fair.


I'm a fan of Lucky magazine, but sometimes that beauty editor really chaps me. Each month she waxes poetic, gushing like a schoolgirl over a single beauty product. Seeing as she's an editor, her writing is nothing if not convincing, which is why spending $140 on shampoo actually sounds sane after reading her review. I'll admit, I'm somewhat of a product addict, so when she says this shampoo 'grants wishes', I want it! I want to rub it like a genie lamp and make all my frizzies disappear forever. But, not for that price, which is just really a bummer.

7 comments:

iva yaneva said...

I always wonder who are these magazines for. I mean in my country, where most people consider themselves poor, I don't quite understand who spends 1500 euro on a shirt. That's just crazy!

Joanna Goddard said...

yeah, i totally hear you! my friend, who has the most beautiful hair, puts egg white in it once a week. she says it works like a charm.

jeff said...

This blog is Superbe ! Beautiful and nice !
...See you !...;)

Kristine said...

I can relate! I am that consumer that advertisers love! But I do have draw the line where my budget can't accomodate...

Rachel Follett said...

Now I am just curious. But not curious enough to spend $150 on shampoo.

I ♥ You said...

i had a friend who once worked as an assistant beauty editor at a magazine and she told me those products that get magazine endorsements are usually paid for by the product company. that made me so mad since i trusted all those editors for so many years!

Pixie said...

Oh, I hear you, for awhile I was tearing out sheets left and right and circling with sharpie the products I wanted to try and then I realized that if I bought everything I'd circled, I'd never be able to use it all up anyway.

Now, I have a no purchase thing on makeup, purfume, lotions, etc until I completely use up EVERYTHING that I already have. It's flippin' insane.