Monday, August 17, 2009

girl's gone Greek!


What food can you not live without??

If I could choose one food to live on for all of eternity, it would be fresh Greek Mediterranean cuisine. I can't get enough, I tell you - yogurt & honey, lemony chicken dishes, cucumber & feta salad, sticky baklava...yum!
I recently watched a "Go Greek" episode of Barefoot Contessa, so last night I recreated it and had my family over for dinner (minus the spanakopita, not enough time!) I used chicken instead of lamb and all of it was mouthwatering - can't wait for leftovers today!

3 comments:

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Sounds heavenly and that salad is making me so hungry!

iva yaneva said...

omg! I can't believe you know what baklava is :) I live in Bulgaria and we have very similar to the Greek cuisine. I've been eating Greek salad all summer (yum!) although here we call it Shopska salad :)

3StinkyBoysAndMe said...

That menu sounds amazing. I bet it was so yummy!