Tuesday, August 4, 2009

sandy toe vows


9 years ago, in the throws of planning our wedding, I made the decision not to have our wedding on the beach. Kind of ludicrous, really, since a) I married a surfer, b) we share a love of all things ocean & sand and c) there is nowhere else that makes us feel more in love. My reasoning seemed simple at the time and came down to one factor - our grandparents wouldn't be able to walk in the sand. And that was that - decision made. Even though our wedding was total bliss in every way, I still think about my beachy dream wedding, especially when I see pics like these. via i love lolliblog

4 comments:

Brandi said...

You should totally renew your vows and have a cute little beach ceremony then! Yes, it's not a wedding, but there's no reason you shouldn't be able to throw yourself a beach party. Maybe for your tenth wedding anniversary...?

amber {daisy chain} said...

Brandi - I know, I totally want to do this, but it seems so over the top. I like the 10th anniversary party idea, that would be 1 year from now...just enough planning time!

Rachel Follett said...

I agree. That would be so fun! You can also have a wedding on a grassy area off of the beach as an alternative. That's what we ended up doing. BTW: Love this mood board!

Unknown said...

A 10th anniversary party on the beach sounds like a great idea! Where better to celebrate 10 years together than one of your favorite places to be together?!
I think it's really sweet that consideration for your grandparents was the reason you didn't have your wedding on the beach. That says so much about the kind of person you are.

Have a nice weekend!
Amy