Tuesday, January 12, 2010

mmmmm.


Last night, over dinner, a friend mentioned how he used to have a bread machine and would wake up to the heavenly scent of freshly baked bread. Sounds like pure gluten goodness. Last fall, a friend brought over a gorgeous just-out-of-the-oven bread on a chunky wood cutting board to our potluck - I still think about the simple/rustic presentation - perfection! I've never baked a bread, but I think it's about time I tried. Gluten free update: yes, I fell off the wagon, but I'm back on. Quinoa, here I come!

7 comments:

Brandi said...

Fresh bread in the morning sounds absolutely perfect. A bread machine will be in my future (fingers crossed).

The mad woman behind the blog said...

oooh, you've got me jonesin' for some yummy gluten goodness.
Last time I used my bread maker I spilled salt into my dough w/out realizing it and needless to say it was a disaster.

Perhaps it is time to forgive the maker(both of them!) and give it another shot. Thanks for the inspiration.

Destination Inspiration said...

I just want to say good effort with the gluten free, OK you fell off the wagon but you got back on which is the most important thing. I could NEVER do it, congrats on your stellar will power!

AllieS said...

that is so funny because I was just saying the other day that I really want to learn how to make bread. I even looked up the bread courses at ramekins and was thinking about taking one. they have a bread course and a soup course... how fun would that be?

Search Engine Optimization said...

I’m not a fan of bread but I do love cakes.

easter revision courses said...

That looks so yummy! Oh! It made me really hungry.

Karyn said...

I saw a recipe for quinoa in bhg this month that looked really good.

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/grains/quinoa-toss-with-chickpeas-and-herbs/