Monday, February 15, 2010

{budget} love notes

I don't know what's gotten into me, must be all the rain, but I'm on a serious crafty roll. The hubby and I decided not to spend money on gifts this year, but to make something instead (I just heard him using the saw in the garage?!). I went with "teeny tiny love notes", using cool love-song lyrics (think bob marley, ben harper, bob dylan...) and placing them in these tiny little envelopes. Ruby helped me hide them around the house for a bit of a valentine's day caper. Total cost...$0 Total Love Impact...big. xo

9 comments:

Destination Inspiration said...

Oh Amber that is so sweet. I love that you don't have to rely on money to show each other the love! This is great

Kelly said...

so sweet! i may have to put this idea in my back pocket for next year. :)

xo
kelly

benson said...

I put teeny tiny love notes in my husband's bags/wallet when he heads off on a trip --he said he gets choked up whenever he finds them (he's not the best solo traveler; he likes to have his best friend aka his wife along with him) and that's another reason why we love him so much.

The mad woman behind the blog said...

You are so lucky to have a husband who appreciates your craftiness. I get eyerolls. Our valentines this year: I had found a card, either bought by him (before I came alone) or given to him unsigned and we each would give it to our daughter to delivery to the other person (over and over!) The daughter loved it.

urban flea said...

those are lovely! hope you had a great valentines day my dear!

xo urban flea :)
http://www.urbanfleadesign.net

L @ Salt and Sentiment said...

adorable!

CeCe said...

Oh so special!

Hena Tayeb said...

oh these are so cute.

Yasmin Lawsuit said...

Very creative and sweet. Wish I gotten some of these for valentines day! I just saved this blog as a reminder to do this for someone next year.