Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Kind of Comfort Food


This week has been an emotional roller coaster. I lost my freelance
(graphic design) job, and then got it back again, all within 3 days.
After the news had hit on Tuesday we had dinner at my parents house-they made a fabulous Spanikopita, my most favorite meal of all times, and I've been
thinking about it ever since. If you like Greek food like me, it's really the
ultimate, all that flaky crunchy filo with the savory spinach & feta
oozing on the inside. SO good. Thank you!! Tyler Florence has a recipe where he assembles the whole thing inside a cast iron pan and then bakes it in the oven and serves it right in the pan. I've made that one and it's delish!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy to bring a bright spot in your day... phyllo rules!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your dad's is better than Tyler's