Tuesday, September 2, 2008

a billowy retreat {and why not?}


Years ago my mom and I went on an amazing yoga retreat to Bali. The hotel we stayed at, in the artists colony of Ubud, had all these magical little spots filled with flowers, cushions, billowing curtains, and a view of tropical paradise. These little spots were perched everywhere; along the river, on a the walk into town, nestled into the side of a fern covered pathway. Each day we'd spend time in these little retreats, sometimes with morning coffee and other times to write or watercolor. This article makes me long for my own billowy retreat, right in my own backyard.

5 comments:

Megan said...

what a lovely idea, I think one is in your future. When you get there, let me know I have a pillow for it...

Anonymous said...

you must do it! just go to a local farmers' market to stock up on good food and wine and you're set!

TLA said...

Oh, that is simply lovely! There is something about a gorgeous, tranquil outdoor space for reading, eating, meditating, reflecting that is just what my soul cries out for.

And a yoga retreat in Bali? Im jealous! I blogged a few months ago about putting a surf and yoga retreat on my short list...unforutnately my redecorating project is taking most of my savings...but one day...soon.

Linda Summerfield said...

I have a little retreat in my backyard, it is under snow for half the year! You are in California, you must give yourself this.
Linda

Fifi Flowers said...

I NEED a retreat and that hammock as well and I want to be surrounded by the lush vegetation and florals you show in that photo! BEAUTIFUL!