Monday, September 8, 2008

I want to be a glass blower {when I grow up}


We went to the Chihuly exhibit yesterday at the De Young Museum. I had no idea how impressed I'd be by the art of glass blowing, but wow, it really is a stunning exhibit. If you go, watch the movie on how he and his team create these magical creations of glass, light and color. There are 11 installations including an enchanted glass garden, an undersea world, and a wall of gigantic flowers (my favorite). Only 2 weeks left, you've got to go!

3 comments:

TIG said...

Oh, I love Chihuly -- his work always reminds me of a magical underwater kingdom.

Rosalie said...

Now that looks like a baby friendly art exhibit. I heard about it, but the pictures have convinced me to go.
Xo
Ro

Amy M. said...

I saw this exhibit and it was wonderful. I've been a fan of Chihuly for years and was so excited this exhibit came to town!!!

-Amy

http://craftingbycandlelight.blogspot.com