Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar {highlights}


Thoughts:
1. How awkward for Jen Anniston to have to present with her ex & Angie in the very first row. You know she had to at least be aware of it.
2. What an honor for Heath's family to accept the award on his behalf, I can't imagine how hard that must have been. I was a complete puddle of tears at this point.
3. Reese & Q. Latifa had almost identical dresses on. Don't these stylists talk to each other?
4. Sarah Jessicia...obviously Im a huge fan, but that dress and those boobs, oh my, it was a bit much. It looked crazy uncomfortable.
5. Hooray for Slumdog Millionaire, so glad the one movie I actually saw won, this movie was truly beautiful and deserving. And...Frieda Pinto is the most gorgeous woman of all time, no one should ever have to stand next to her.
6. I love me some Kate Winslet, but I was not a fan of her hard hair, it was so distracting. 
7. Sean Penn rocked it in MILK, but he will always & forever be Spiccoli in my heart.
8. Favorite dress: Alicia Keys in lilac Armani  Least Favorite dress: Jessica Biel in poofy Prada.

8 comments:

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

that creamy raspberry color that both alicia keyes and natalie portman was my favorite part of the night!

I ♥ You said...

i think i am the only one out there that liked Winslet's hair. I thought it was awesome and made her look so crisp and refined. But I agree with you on so many of these! Jessica Biel - what was she thinking?

Amy M. said...

That was the best Oscars I have seen in years! Alicia Keyes looked beautiful! Could Hugh Jackman be any more charming?!!

Alex said...

i was up till midnight watching it and it stopped recording when they announced the actress of the year. Oi!
definetly one of the best oscars i've seen. you forgot to mention penelope cruz' stunning dress, vintage gorgeousness.

Christina said...

Penelope looked beautiful but her dress looked a little bit like a wedding dress.

amber {daisy chain} said...

Totally agree about Penelope, very wedding-like, but gorgeous all the same. Also, I did forget to mention that beautiful vintage Dior frock on Marion Cotillard, now THAT was something.

Ten Thousand Only said...

j.biel's dress FAILED from and at every possible angle.

big big flop. literally.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Omg I totally agree about SJP. I couldn't stop talking about her boobs it just looked so uncomfortable.

Also agree with Jessica Biel. I didn't hate the dress, but it wasn't my favorite. What put me over the edge was the bad dyeable black pumps she was sporting. Really? Who is your stylist?