Friday, February 1, 2008

{ouch} I've been tagged


I've been tagged by Calie from Nohea Lookbook. What does this mean, you ask? Here's the deal:

List 7 weird things about yourself.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post.

So, here goes...

1. I used to be mildy obsessed with the video game Tetris. It's the only one I've ever played, but it was SO satisfying. I read that it's common for women to be addicted to this game because it signified order and organization. Weird.

2. When I was 16 I hiked Half Dome at sleepaway camp in Yosemite, it was a huge accomplishment and I can still remember standing at the very top, it was such a rush!

3. I love cottage cheese & tortilla chips, together, mmmm.

4. On one of our first dates, Dave took me to a Warriors game, and I got picked to make the free-throw shot at half time. He was so proud, even though I tossed it no where near the basket.

5. I love taking drives & walks at night, and no, not for the excersise...it's kind of voyueristic, but I've always liked to see into people's homes, all lit up. The bigger & fancier, the better.

6. I just started teaching yoga again on Saturday mornings, after a 4 year break. For my certification, I lived in a yurt in the mountains of Santa Barbara for a month and a half.

7. I'm 34 and I bite my nails, there, I said it, and now you know.

Your turn: M&Co, 10K Wedding, and Midwest Modern Girl

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely comment, and its so fun that you tagged me ;-)I'll try to answer during the week :-) Your blog is sooo delightful! I'm adding you to my link list :-)

Pixie said...

I do the same thing! I love to walk around NYC at night and look in the windows. I'm amazed at the size of some of those apartments! What am I doing wrong. Then I critique that chandelier with that wall color...lol...crazy!

Anonymous said...

And one more thing I like your blog so much I've given you the You make my day award! Looking forward to get to know you better and continue reding your delightful posts! :-)

Maggie Sumner said...

I also love looking into other people's homes at night. Just as I pass by, mind you. Not lurking in the bushes or anything.

And I'm 42 and an avid cuticle biter. It's often unsightly, sometimes painful and downright annoying but I can't stop. I feel your pain.

Calie Durant said...

Amber this is so great! Thanks for doing this. I still play tetris, how bad is that? We are going to have to do blogger meet-up, Emily and I were talking about how cool it would be to meet you.

amber {daisy chain} said...

m&co - so glad you like the blog! I'm a regular on yours, too. Love, love your posts.
pixie & maggie - isn't it like flipping through a catalog, except that it's real life?
calie - it would be cool (and not in a creepy internet kind of way)

Vineeta said...

I LOVED reading about you amber :) You teach Yoga? WOW.WOW.WOW.

Ten Thousand Only said...

where's your yoga class? if in s.f. i'm so there.

amber {daisy chain} said...

10K - I'm teaching at a studio in Sonoma...maybe someday I'll end up in the city, though!