Thursday, July 10, 2008

gee, your hair smells terrific.


My friend Susannah has hair like a Breck girl, you know one's that fling their locks gently from one shoulder while looking in the other direction? This is what was running through my head as she was telling us about her fancy "real" haircut and not her usual Supercuts do. Anyhoo, today I came across this hair mist by Victor & Rolf, but I have to say the thought reminds me of teen romance novels and afterschool specials. In the 70's there was actually a product called "Gee, your hair smells terrific.", and you just know I'd love to get my hands on a bottle of that. I kind of want to get this for Susannah for her next b'day, though $40 for hair that smells like apples & pink champagne - not so sure.

6 comments:

Petunia Face said...

Aw thank you--I am sitting here in my kitchen swinging my hair in gratitude (kind of like a dog, I imagine). I would love me some "Gee" just so long as I don't have to wear those high-waisted jeans!

p.s. You have hair like Snow White, only longer. I think I will get you a blue hair band for your next b'day. And maybe a black shirt with puffed white sleeves. And an apple.

Megan said...

You can totally get that terrific smell again:

http://www1.shopzilla.com/8N--Gee_Your_Hair_Smells_TerrificA_the_Unforgettably_Fragrant_Shampoo_-_cat_id--13060100__nwylf--__oid--580727

benson said...

I totally remember those commercials...color me*old*

TLA said...

Oh, what a great memory! I remember all those great 70s shampoos: Breck, Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific, Body on Tap, Faberge Organics, the *original* Herbal Essences, Yucca Dew, Short and Sassy, Lemon Up, Prell...

Anonymous said...

I remember those too! never tried them. guess I was happy with my strawberry suave. :)

so.....call me crazy but could a bit of perfume in the hair be the same as a hair mist? (I've never tried a hair mist)

Megan said...

Sunny:

perfume in the hair is cool, but apparently only for sometimes (or so they say) because the alcohols in the formulas are supposedly too drying for hair. I think that beauty manufacturers would rather have you spend your money on another product.