Thursday, July 31, 2008

oh the cupcakes! {live from NYC}


NYC has been incredible, it's been non-stop family/friends/shopping/shows and we're loving every minute! I don't really have computer access, but I had to share the cupcake trails that I've been blazing through the city. I'm on a mission to try them ALL, and since we walk all day long, I won't feel the guilt. Let's begin with the famous Magnolia bakery~love the small town shop atmosphere and the serve yourself white pastry boxes. The cupcakes themselves are a wee bit heavy on the butter cream for my taste, not that it stopped me. Next up, Billy's Bakery (image above) in Chelsea, a tiny old fashioned style joint filled to the brim with originality, the cupcakes are DIVINE, not too sweet and fab frosting/cake ratio. We'll be hitting up a few more today...and I'll be sure to share. xoxo
**Look for us tonight (Thursday) on the Dave Letterman Show!!**

7 comments:

evencleveland said...

Billy's are the best! (and once you get home and are hankering for one, you can get the recipe from the Martha Stewart site and make them at home, too ... delicious.)

benson said...

on the Letterman show--as a guest, you famous blogger?

Anonymous said...

Billy's are the best! You have to try Sugar Sweet Sunshine. Yumm-O! I do not know the exact address, but it is on the Lower East side. I used to make special trips down there when I was pregnant just for their Red Velvet cupcakes. xoxo

Megan said...

have fun! I'm jealous that you're there at my favorite time of year!

Fifi Flowers said...

Were you a guest? Orin the audience? Sorry, I don't watch Dave... to busy putting my blog online at that hour.
I have never tried the Magnolia cupcakes... but a friend tried their recipe... their frosting is too sweet for me.

amber {daisy chain} said...

benson & fifi - definitely not guests - we were just in the audience, but it was a total blast. we sat right up in the first rows and acted like tourists, xo

No.35style said...

I've been to Magnolia's..must try Billy's next time!