Saturday, September 8, 2007

cauliflower gratin {OMG}


Last winter, Rosalie and I were wandering the isles of Whole Foods at lunchtime hoping for something to jump out at us and say "eat me", but sadly it was all the usual fare. When we came upon the bubbling casserole dish of cauliflower gratin, fresh from the oven, we gave it a shot. Not only was it the yummiest thing we'd ever tasted (even more so due to the rainy weather), but we went back for more! I was cruising around Chocolate & Zucchini and found this, so the next time it rains, let's all try this recipe.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

make a double portion for me! YUM.

tyesha said...

i always forget how yummy cauliflower can be. i make a cauliflower soup that always blows my mind. I so want to try this. I think cauliflower and potato pancakes would be really good too!

Anonymous said...

I've always heard that cauliflower is a good low-carb alternative to potatoes. Mashed cauliflower is supposed to be good. Of course by the time I put all the butter, salt and goods on it that I'd want, whatever benefits of the cauliflower would be drowned out by trans-fats and good ol' fashioned yumminess!