Monday, March 24, 2008

macaroni & cheese masterpieces



Heaven can wait! This restaurant, S'MAC, is in the heart of Manhattan's East Village and I'm making a beeline for it when I go in July (though I hear lines are out the door). S'Mac serves up all kinds of bubbly macaroni & cheese masterpieces in iron skillets. The dishes run the gamut from the “all-american” to the slightly more healthful whole wheat pastas served in three different sized skillets endearingly named "nosh", "major munch", and "mongo". They also serve up a more refined blend of brie with roasted fig, shiitake mushroom and rosemary. You can also build your own and choose from a variety of meats, cheeses, sauces and veggies. Does this sound dreamy or what? If someone opened this in the Bay Area I'd be the first in line (and then I'd run around the block 20 times to make myself feel better, of course). mmmmmm.

5 comments:

Sarah's Fab Day said...

YUM!

Megan said...

Remember the time you made Martha's mac and cheese for all the girls at your mom and dad's house? It was so yummy...

amber {daisy chain} said...

megan - yes! I think that was my very first attempt at a Martha recipe and I followed it so precisely. I'll have to do that again.

Anonymous said...

Oh I must go. Mac and Cheese is my favorite food in the world. I've had it at almost every restaurant in Portland!

Lara said...

This restaurant is near where I used to work and opened up while I was pregnant. Talk about Heaven - it's a pregnant girl's dream!