Monday, May 5, 2008

banana bread + wildflowers


Ruby and I woke up to 5 brown bananas in our fruit bowl and we gave eachother the "ewww" look. A minute later we both had our aprons tied and we began our banana bread adventure. While it baked, we took the dog on a walk, saw a new set of ducklings in the creek, collected handfulls of wildflowers and came home to the yummiest banana bread smell ever. If I could have bottled that moment - I would.
I took the day off today to be with Ruby, and really just to frolick around. It's the first time in a long time that I'm not buried in invitation work, but I do have a few jobs to catch up with now. Happy Cinco de Mayo!

3 comments:

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Sounds wonderful, nothing like those dreamy moments with you and your little. They are the best!

Anna Depew said...

Fifty years from now, she will still remember that day with you. In this sort of way, the smell of banana bread never goes away.

amber {daisy chain} said...

anna & sarah, thank you for the sweet comments, I think you're right, smells really do help to create memories, like old perfume scents and the scent of fresh pumpkin pie....mmm.