Monday, May 19, 2008

in a sea of butterflies {Ruby's invites}



Ruby is turning 5 (!!) in June, and she wants an enchanted garden party filled with butterflies, lots & lots of 'em. We finished up the invites last night, they were so much fun to make with their wings "fluttering" about. Now I'm on the hunt for butterfly wings (in bulk) for the kids to decorate, and even live cocoons to give as favors (just an idea). I'll try not to go too crazy, but I'm thinking a butterfly cake and big tissue paper butterflies in the trees, like the flowers from last year. This is going to be so much F U N! And, I did cut out each one of those butterflies, I have the callused thumb to prove it.

9 comments:

/// said...

SHUT UP--- this is the cutest idea in the whole world. Eek! Can I just hire you to be my personal stationer? :)

Rosalie said...

Adorable--the lettering reminds me of how we used to write in grammar school with every tip having a dot.
What was up with that?!
Can't wait to get mine....I am invited, right?
Love,
Rosalie

Anonymous said...

Super cute!

Kathryn said...

Just beautiful. I cannot believe how beautiful those invites are.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Lovely! She will think it's the perfect birthday. I have seen butterflies made from coffee filters, you color on them with markers then spritz them with water and give them a minute to dry. The colors all bleed together and it looks really pretty, then just fasten a clothes pin down the middle for the body.

southern daze said...

Those just may be the most adorable things I've ever seen!

Etiquettely Correct said...

I can't believe you made those - they are beautiful

Megan said...

So freakin' cute. I cannot believe Ruby is going to be FIVE!

zobars said...

You should post a tutorial on how to make these cute invitations for people like me who are clueless.