Tuesday, June 10, 2008

coming clean {corners I don't covet}


The word "perfect" is not in my vocabulary, in fact, I've never been a fan of the word. At times in my life when I've caught myself thinking "wow, things are just perfect", something goes very wrong to knock my life out of whack, and so, no more perfect.

That said, I think I may have misled you. I received a comment the other day on post I'd written about fresh flowers I'd just picked. The comment, which has been resonating in my head for the last 3 days, said "wow, your life seems so perfect!". And I literally laughed out loud and wrote back that it wasn't the case. But then it hit me, this blog of mine is such a small snippet of me, a "pretty-things" blog without all the nitty gritty that makes up real life.

Last night I saw Sex and the City with my friends Rosalie & Susannah - it was fantastic by the way - but why I'm bringing it up is the closet scene. The big, light filled closet that Big had built just for Carrie. It made me think, right then and there - could I even keep a gorgeous closet like that clean?

And so, I've decided to share with you my dirty little secret, the corner of my home that I really don't covet, that I'm actually pretty embarrassed about- my closet. It's a mystery to me, how I can keep a clean, organized home, but then refuse to clean my closet...even my friends agree!

* Please note, not even one item was moved in order to create a pretty picture. The mess & disaster you see here are real, it's a real mess that I'm sharing with you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So refreshing! Looks like my closet except my clothes are on the floor and sometimes in my dresser and baskets because I haven't even gotten around to putting the hanging rack up yet.. :)

Thanks for sharing!

MrsEm said...

My closet is a disaster too (and much smaller than yours). Maybe you should tag people to share honest closet photographs online.

Megan said...

The "closet" look extends well beyond it's borders in my little home.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Aha! Funny my closet looks quite similar to yours, glad I'm not the only one.

Sarah Smile said...

After reading these posts, I feel like no one has a neat and organized closet (unless you are in the movies or have someone to organize it for you). My closet looks like it exploded, what can you do :)

Kathryn said...

Thanks for sharing - I feel so much better now!

zobars said...

I have a closet issue as well I need to be more organized. Yours looks so nice, you should see mine and you will know what I am talking about.

Anonymous said...

our whole second bedroom is my closet/lounge. And it's a FREQUENT disaster since i'm still trying to figure out how to dress as a teacher. Thank god for IKEA organizers

Unknown said...

I love your closet. It's big and airy and bright. You can see all of you clothes and everything is right there. My closet is small dark and cramped. Lots of my stuff is in the guest room and we have no other closets. Last time me and Rosalie visited we both said how jelous we are of your closet. It's the truth! New houses have way better closets.

Unknown said...

Amber, glad to know you you are human and humble :) Keep up the good work.