Thursday, August 14, 2008

hats!


While in NY, we visited Linda Ashton, my very own fairy godmother (this is the extra cool version of the otherwise ho-hum "godmother"). She's a milliner by trade and her studio is brimming with tiny little goodies; vintage velvet flowers? check. vintage bees, butterflies, felt, ribbon, feather? check. You've seen her hats, they've been in Martha Weddings, and on the heads of a few rock stars at that. She's still making a name for herself in the world of fashion, so keep your eyes peeled for her gorgeous creations!

4 comments:

Rosalie said...

I can't believe you didn't scan the photo of you in the wedding cake hat! That hat is the best....you MUST find the photo and share with your readers.

amber {daisy chain} said...

right! forgot all about that amazing hat...I'll have to start the search for the pic, it's classic!

Anonymous said...

Dear Fairy Godchild

Thank you for the lovely post! After a hard day I was so delighted to see my studio on your blog. Thank you! I look forward to seeing the old wedding cake hat shot! I am amazed Rosalie still remembers it so well!

Take care dear heart

Your very own

Fairy Godmother

benson said...

I wish I had a fairy godmother! Gorgeous.