Wednesday, August 27, 2008

camp food {road trip prep!}


We're about 2 weeks away from our annual road trip down the beautiful California coast, though this time we'll be livin' large in our newly (almost finished) tent trailer (fresh images to come). The last time we really camped it was just the 2 of us, and food was not exactly top priority;canned soup, pasta, and maybe s'mores if we really put our minds to it. But this year, we've started planning the menu way ahead, and let's be honest, the food from the past really should just stay there - we want gourmet camping! I just ordered Campfire Cuisine which promises that I can whip up a batch of skillet scones, lemony couscous salad or zucchini steak tacos like it's no one's business. If you have a favorite camp recipe, please let me know!

2 comments:

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I can't wait to hear the tales of your mad camping skills! Your menu sounds delish.

jora said...

I can't wait to see the photos of the tent trailer! I am going to be so jealous. :)