Thursday, August 7, 2008

NYC tidbit {I met Diddy}


I'm not a huge P. Diddy fan, I mean I couldn't name one of his songs, and come to think of it, I don't even know how to refer to him - Sean Combs? Puff Daddy? BUT, I did get to meet him in front of his Bad Boy Productions office building and he's super nice, so I'm kind of fond of him now. The gigantic black Escalade and just-as-large bodyguards tipped me off that someone was about to come out of the building, so Dave stood back with the camera and I waited with my new friend, the bodyguard that was 8 times my size. When Diddy came out he was filming something for his TV show, so I hung out an watched, smiling like a giddy schoolgirl, and then HE CAME OVER TO ME. He asked if I was ok (the bodyguard had been in my way and Diddy must have thought he knocked into me) and held my hand. No joke. I know, I was a little star struck for no good reason, but that's how it went down. Dave took these pictures, of Diddy, not of me & Diddy, but take my word, I'm there. He didn't invite me to one of his posh "white parties" in the Hampton's though, so maybe we're not as tight as I thought.

7 comments:

Petunia Face said...

Dude. You totally should have sang to him. Now I have no idea what your singing voice sounds like but seeing as how I've known you for about 20 years (yikes) and have never heard you sing I'm going to assume it 'aint great. But still. If you had maybe sung something to him softly he would've put you in one of his hot girl groups and then you'd tour with Kanye and then maybe you'd be one of the special guest stars for The Pussycat Dolls AND HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE???????

Courtney said...

I agree with S - you totally missed your chance at making it big time. What could be better than being cast a Pussycat Doll?

This entire story cracks me up! Off all people in NYC for you to rub elbows with, it's the Diddy. I love it.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I'm loving that you rubbed elbows with Diddy, nice.

Unknown said...

You know, I'm on the fence on how I feel about Diddy but you can't help but get caugt up in that scenario. I too would have made friends with the bodyguard! LOL.

Megan said...

Classic. I would love to meet Mos Def or even better, Pharrell. I f he held my hand, I might squeal.

Anonymous said...

Hihi that's soo fun! And I'm sure you'll receive an invite to his next white party any time now, signed Piffy the Puffy or whatever he goes by these days ;-)

Rosalie said...

I cannot believe Dave didn't get you in the picture. Maybe he was a bit starstruck too...and Ruby? What was Ruby doing? That girl would have sung and danced for Diddy for sure.
R