Friday, February 29, 2008

figure drawings


I've been going back & forth (a specialty of mine) deciding on a print for over the bed. I think the bedroom should be warm & cozy, nothing too bold, a place to relax and not be too distracted. I've always loved figure drawings and sketches, and these by Ego Schiele, have such pretty muted colors that I think I've found it! The poster is inexpensive, I just have to find the right frame, natural, white or dark espresso? See, still going back & forth, told you I was good at that, I think I have commitment issues.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I adore Egon Schiele. Have you ever been to the Neue Galerie in New York? Also, you should take a look at Aya Rosen's work - some of her portraits are reminiscent of his work.

AshleyL. said...

hmmm i think somewhere between natural and espresso. that way its not too much of a statement and it also won't take away from the piece itself! i also think espresso would look great! i really like that print! i'll have to look the artist up and do a little research! :)

amber {daisy chain} said...

Kathryn & Ashley,
thanks for your art advice, I'll look up that other artist now, and yes, I think somewhere between natural & espresso would set off the print nicely, a