Monday, December 17, 2007

brain candy


"you're exactly where you're supposed to be"

This is what my yoga teacher said as we lay in the most relaxing of all the positions, shavasana - the pose of rest. It was so refreshing to hear, most of the time I lay in this pose making a mental list of what I'll do next, where to go, errands to run, who to see, appointments I forgot to make, bills to pay, and on & on & on. It was so simple and nice to hear, and from that point on my mind stopped, I was in a half sleep/half dreamy state. Now, if only I can get back there...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMmmmm. Shavasana. I think I might have to turn off the lights and lay down on the floor in my office right now. Hope my boss understands that I am right where I am supposed to be. :)

Vineeta said...

Awesome- theres nothing more relaxing than Shavasana. Its just so brilliantly rejuvenating. That reminds me I have a nice long weekend & I must find the time to meditate some. thanx for the reminder :)