Monday, December 17, 2007

Paradise Found {in Bali}



Years ago, I went to Bali with my mom on a yoga retreat and I'll never forget it. We stayed in Ubud, an artist colony and town thriving with culture, color and the happiest people. The new Cookie magazine has a feature on a family living in Bali that has left me speechless, I can't seem to close the magazine or even move on to the next article, it's so inspiring and full of beauty.

John and Cynthia Hardy arrived in Bali three decades ago as hippie travelers. Now, along with their two daughters, they're living in a home of open-air rooms and play spaces among the trees. With their national jewelry business, they keep an apartment in New York, so they do have plenty of time living the "city life" while keeping the homestead in peaceful Bali.

The fabrics and the architecture used are simply amazing, don't you think?
I hope to do something as carefree and adventurous as this oneday!

2 comments:

Calie Durant said...

All I can say is OMG! Seriously, those pictures are just out of this world. They remind me of day dreams I use to have as a girl. OK, let's be honest... still do.

Happy Holiday!

Erin said...

Hey Amber- I've been checking your blog periodically ever since I saw the link to it on Susannah's blog. The ONLY problem with it is that it makes me Want, Want, WANT! You have wondeful taste. This one makes me Want to go on vacation. :)

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I'm appreciating all your ideas. I tried the butternut squash lasagna recipe last night (a dry run for one of our xmas dishes) and it's awesome. Thanks!

Hope to see you soon at the next Murdock function.

Happy Holidays!